Sunday, March 4, 2012

16. 100 Dollar Day

Another computer update!

I went in for my appointment at 3pm with the mac geniuses and don't cha know it, its not an easy fix. My computer would have to be confiscated for at least 3 days so they could figure out what was wrong and if they had to reset my whole computer. Which meant losing files. And I was not about to let that happen.
So I had 2 options.

Option 1: Pay $99 to let them transfer files for me onto my external hard drive and then turn my computer over

Option 2: Pay $40 if I used a friends computer to transfer my files onto my external hard drive.

I went with option 2. I thought I was being smart and saving money. Wrong. I ended up wasting more time. Just let the experts do it. Always. I managed to transfer half my files but on certain files, like my Documents folder did not make the transition. So I went back 2 hours later and asked them to do it and get all my files.

Then another techie who called himself a "boy genius" came up and offered to run my hard drive instead of making me wait 3 days. I said yes of course and I started to calm down a little. Yes, I could finally just have my computer back and wouldn't have the hassle of going to the library to get internet access and worrying about how loud I was typing.

Ehhhhhh no.

I now am the owner of Apple Care, to ensure they will back up my files and out $86 dollars. They did give me the student discount though which I appreciated. The boy genius was able to restart my computer no problem, after I had struggled and looked up every possible scenario to make it work on my iPhone. My internet browser connected and I was feeling good. To reward myself I bought myself and my friend dinner at Chipotle bringing my total spending for the day up to $101.70. I get home and everything is fine for about an hour. Then everything shuts down and refuses to open again.

I needed a fucking drink.

Mac store again today and maybe I'll see it in a week. I'm stressed out, frustrated and annoyed after this whole process but determined to finish everything. It was just one of those $100 dollar days.

No comments:

Post a Comment